Health Conditions - For Everyone

Diagnosis of Age-Related Macular
    Degeneration (ARMD)
   print page print the page   Email email the page Follow VitalHealthZone on Twitter Bookmark and Share





Diagnosis of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD)

Once you have seen your regular doctor, you will be referred to an eye specialist (ophthalmologist) who will examine both the eyes for any signs of age-related macular degeneration through the following:


If the preliminary tests show that there could be a problem of if they are inconclusive, further, more comprehensive tests can be done that will give better results:

Note: a very small percentage of people may react to the dye used in the angiogram tests - you should discuss any concerns about the dye with your doctor prior to having the test done.


^ top

Sections: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

    < 7: when to see a doctor                                9: conventional treatment >

  Last reviewed: 14 September 2007 || Last updated: 15 March 2009


Related Articles


NOTE: Mega doses of any type of vitamin, mineral, amino acid or herbal supplement cannot cure illnesses and in fact can be very dangerous and produce toxic side effects and interfere with medicine you are taking. Always ensure you consult your doctor before taking any type of complementary supplements.
Disclaimer: This guide is not intended to be used for diagnostic or prescriptive purposes. For any treatment or diagnosis of illness, please see your doctor.


^ top