|print the page||email the page|
- What is laryngitis?
- Symptoms of laryngitis
- Causes of laryngitis
- Prevention of laryngitis
- Risk factors for laryngitis
- Complications of laryngitis
- When to see a doctor about laryngitis
- Diagnosis of laryngitis
- Conventional treatment of laryngitis
- Alternative/complementary treatment of laryngitis
- Living with laryngitis
- Caring for someone with laryngitis
People who have any of the symptoms associated with laryngitis should make an appointment to see their doctor who can diagnose the condition and make recommendations based on the cause of the laryngitis.
People who smoke should not discount their hoarse voice as simply laryngitis, but should get it investigated, to ensure it is not due to another condition. People who have a viral respiratory infection and start to lose their voice should visit their doctor to confirm the symptoms are due to laryngitis and not another condition.
< 6: complications 8: diagnosis >