Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is a baked pudding, but without all the fat of a regular pudding. It's creamy, slightly spicy with the saffron and really rich in flavours.
- 500g mango flesh (apricots can be substituted)
- 100ml skimmed milk (rice, coconut, almond, walnut or soy milk)
- 100ml plain organic yoghurt (coconut, soy, milk)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 Tspn rose water
- 1/2 Tspn raw sugar
- 1/4 Tspn saffron
- Mint leaves
- Boil the milk in a large pot over medium heat.
- Leave the milk to cool a little.
- Puree the mango flesh until it is soft.
- Add the warm milk to the mango puree, together with the yoghurt, sugar, rosewater and saffron. Set aside.
- Boil the jasmine rice in a small amount of water until the rice is slightly softened.
- Drain the rice.
- In a casserole dish, add a layer of the boiled rice, cover with a layer of the mango puree, another layer of the rice and top with a layer of the mango puree.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 150C (400F) for about 40 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with some mint leaves scattered on top.
This recipe can be served either hot or cold.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||4||1.4%|
|Total fat||0.5 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g||14.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content