Healthy recipe for people with diabetes. Low GI Recipe
Healthy recipe with a low glycemic index. Low fat Recipe
Healthy and delicious low fat recipe. Low carbohydrate Recipe
Healthy and flavoursome recipe low in carbohydrates. Dairy Free Recipe
Dairy free recipe for people with lactose intolerance. Gluten free Recipe
Gluten free recipe for people with gluten intolerance. Vegan Recipe
Healthy and tasty vegan recipe that contains no animal products. Heart Healthy Recipe
Heart healthy recipe to nourish your heart. Vegetarian Recipe
Healthy vegetarian recipe (the recipe may contain dairy or eggs only).
This is a great heart healthy dish which looks very colourful and is very suitable to be served to the family or even at a dinner party. While this recipe is high in fat, it is from the "good fats", the heart healthy omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- 4 x 180g ocean trout fillets
- 2 Tspn ground coriander
- 2 Tspn ground cumin
- 1 Tspn sweet paprika
- 1 Tspn fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup yoghurt dressing
- Leafy green salad
Ingredients - Zucchini Salad
- 2 organic zucchini, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 red Spanish onion (finely chopped)
- 2 vine-ripened, organic tomatoes, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 organic Lebanese cucumber, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine ground coriander, cumin and paprika and salt and rub over each side of the fish.
- Stand for about 1 hour for the flavour to imbue the fish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the trout for about 5 minutes on each side (until it is just pink).
- Add equal portions of the zucchini salad to each plate.
- Top with the trout fillet and drizzle with the yoghurt dressing.
- Serve garnished with a lemon wedge.
Method - Zucchini Salad
- Combine all ingredients and season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
The vegetables suggested in this recipe can always be substituted with other vegetables that are in season (such as spinach, eggplant, capsicum) - use your imagination and be creative.Advertisement
|Nutrition Information||Amount||% Daily
|Calories from fat||239||47.5%|
|Total fat||26.6 g||41.1%|
|Saturated fat||4.5 g||22.2%|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g||10.0%|
These are approximate values.
- Hommous is a traditional Middle Eastern / Mediterranean dip which is high in protein and simple delicious...more
- This healthy pasta is made without any dressing - the juicy mango provides a delicious flavoursome dressing...more
- Prawns cooked in a rich fresh tomato-based sauce with lots of herbs and flavour...more
- Red snapper is full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the quinoa makes this gluen-free...more
- The asparagus is spiced and served with vegetables, quinoa and salmon pieces. Highly nutritious and tasty...more
- A dessert that is as decadent as it is tasty. Low in sugar, high in fibre...more
- High in protein, sweet and savoury, with some heat from the chilli, this recipe is divine...more
- The eggplant is stuffed with minced meat and vegetable and baked for a delicious meal...more
- Robust breakfast, high in protein, decadent, yet still exceedingly healthy and tasty...more
Most popular website content